Documents my intellectual, psychological, philosophical, and physical pursuit of the
38th American Birkebeiner: Saturday, February 26, 2011.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fast Track!

Finally got back over to Elver Park this afternoon. The trails are in great shape. Monday night we got about 3" of snow, then a small sheen of ice, and then a warm front...temperatures at or above freezing. The trails warmed up, softened a bit, and were hard to ski on. Then last night the temperatures dropped into the high teens and today the high was about 27 degrees. The skiing was fantastic.

I hopped on the trails at about 4:00 and was delighted with the track. The trails had an icy sheen on them and they were fast. My wax was good and my technique held up. All told I spent about an hour out there. I felt good. Even felt I could have gone longer, but consciously held back as tomorrow I am looking to ski a bit further than the seven miles I skied today.

Today is my last day of work until January 3rd. Although the papers and lessons will need attending, I aim to hit the trails several times over the next ten days. Hope to chase the good snow a bit---maybe a day in Wausau, or a day near Plymouth---both areas have good trails and excellent snow cover. Take a lunch and some drink and make a day of it. Hopefully some pictures will make their way to the blog.

Random facts to observe:

Today my heart rate averaged 146 bpm and my maximum heart rate reached 166 bpm.

Last Sunday my average was 149 and my maximum was 169.

Don't know what it means but I am going to start paying closer attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment