Documents my intellectual, psychological, philosophical, and physical pursuit of the
38th American Birkebeiner: Saturday, February 26, 2011.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Confirmation Letter: I'm In

I don't know whether to be scared, or excited, but it is now official and there is no looking back. The American Birkebeiner association has my money and I have my wave placement.

The postcard tells me I am assigned to Wave 8.

This means that an estimated 6,000 skiers will take off before me. Together those 6,000 skiers will chop, grind, and destroy any good snow in front of me...but it also means that only about 1,000 skiers will start behind me. The pessimist in me says that only about 1,000 skiers need to pass me in order for me to finish last (my greatest fear), and the optimist says I will have a very good chance of passing more people than pass me and leading towards a possible top 5800 finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment