Documents my intellectual, psychological, philosophical, and physical pursuit of the
38th American Birkebeiner: Saturday, February 26, 2011.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowday...

Sidewalk view of the final snow depth. Notice the sun coming out at 11:00. So did the
groundhog see his shadow today?

Sometimes you just gotta throw the training schedule away and a have a little fun. Kinda of like today.

Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning brought about six inches of snow. Then last night after a short lull, Madison got blasted with an additional foot. All total we received 18.7 in about 48 hours. Definitely a fabulous old-time blizzard.
Queen or King of the Hill?
With skiing out of the question today -- this much snow actually makes skate skiing difficult -- I decided to get my workout in by digging out of the depths. I figured I'd get a little dry-land training on a snowy Wisconsin morning. Chloe and I bundled up and headed outside. Slowly the neighbors joined us and we had ourselves a snow shoveling party. Three hours later, which included sometime goofing off time with Chloe, the dogs and her friends, my property was finally cleared.
Ezra getting funky! Running her snout through the deep snow.

Towards the end of the shoveling my neighbor Bob stepped in with his snow blower. Earlier today Allen plowed his driveway and sidewalk, so being the retired Lutheran pastor that he is, he figured he needed to help me with my sidewalk... and so because Bob helped me I helped Deb, and because I helped Deb, Deb and I helped Mike, and then just because I went further around the cul-de-sac and helped my neighbor Kevin finish his driveway. A great work out and an opportunity to socialize with the neighbors.
Katie and Chloe...chillin'

Nothing like a little weather event to bring the neighborhood together.



No comments:

Post a Comment